Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Navy Training

Ok, so I am blogging this during a break in my NKO (Navy Knowledge Online) training class. I have only been at ODS (Officer Development School) for three days. Sometimes it feels like three years and at other times it feels like three minutes.

I am so tired. I can never get enough rest to wake up at 0345 to the sound of my Senior Chief yelling at us. Marching is a little more difficult than I thought especially trying to remember all the responses we as a company are supposed to yell back to our drill leaders commands. Uniforms are given out and inspected on Sat. I don't think that I have ever polished shoes.

I am confident that once we all get into the grove of things that it will all get a bit easier and the time will consistently go by. I am just thankful I'm not with the OCS boys. The eat next to us everyday I still haven't decided if it is scary or funny.

I thank God for this opportunity and pray that he would give me the strength to be a reflection of His glory here at ODS and not just get through the program. Alot of my fellow students here need to see and feel the majestic glory of God.

God Bless
Joshua Earls

P.S. the swim qual. was fun, it was a chance to relax and get away from the craziness.

1 comment: