Monday, May 24, 2010
Since Josh left...
Most exciting things that have happened since Josh left....
1. Bella threw mashed potatoes in my eye ball (apparently eyes were not made for mashed potatoes). I was walking around in a state of blurred vision for a while. Every-time I tried to get the potato out it just mushed.
2. We (Carol, Bella and I) went to Williamsburg on Saturday. It was gorgeous weather and there was a farmers market going with fresh produce and cute colonial things. I feel like I go to Williamsburg so often I should just give in and become a colonial myself. They should pay me to walk around and talk to people who aren't really listening. Carol and I decided I should wear the scarlet letter like Hester Prynne (just to stir things up). Totally wrong period and totally wrong story but, it would make for good conversation!
3. We hit the beach in Norfolk. Now, when say "beach" you may be thinking crashing waves, sand as far as the eye can see, and bathing beauties. Well, in reality, we live in Norfolk VA so picture lots of homeless people (whom I love), and water line where you walk into the water and immediately find yourself falling off a cliff into deep waters (which was super fun for Bells). Oh, and no waves b/c of the bay. I'm not complaining--I love my beach!
4. I haven't washed the sheets of my bed (though they need it) because they still smell like Josh (good or bad, I miss him).
5. We got to talk to Josh on the ship's phone line...it's not the best connection but he is doing well and just settling into things.
6. I ate 6 peanut butter cookies. Yah, that's right, and there are about 10 more that have been staring at me all day...sometimes I think I hear them calling for me.
7. Oh and I totally started spying on my neighbors. What?! I can't help it, there was an ambulance. Ok, so I spied on them before but when the ambulance came it made things really juicy.
7. Lastly, I bought a one piece bathing suit. I cannot believe this day has finally come.
8. If you look above you'll notice there are two number sevens. Yes, this is due to the overall tiredness I have experienced since my dear husband left. It's ok though because that is the Lords number. ;)
It is finished.
If you read this, I feel so bad for you. You must really need something to do. Here, I have an idea...visit: www.failblog.org (so funny).