Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ode To Fall: East Coast Style

Friends, Countrymen....lend me your ears.

That intro sounds very important, but I can assure you this post is not. It's not at all related to military chaplains, or my family, or anything remotely worthy of this blog. It's about a season we all know and love. A season full of leaves, crisp mornings, pumpkin spice latte's, and football (your welcome Josh, I only added that for you) after all, this is your blog (wink). We are well aware of the fact that my attention span is too short to watch an entire game...unless it's USC, and they are playing well).

Annie, why are you writing about fall? Well, I am done with summer. Sorry summer, we just broke up....do you want your lotion and glasses back? Summer, I love you and I always will...what, with your gorgeous sunrises, fun water activities, and grilling goodness. But, here's the deal, you're way too humid. You make my eye balls sweat and not in a good way. Is there a good way for eye balls to sweat? I hate sweaty balls. So, I'm over you (for now) and I'm moving on to a bigger and better season...fall.

Ode to fall:

1. Not a big deal, but this is the Blue Ridge Parkway in VA, pretty sure I drove down this road a hundred times while in college. For you west coasters, this is what a real fall looks like:)

2. Riding Boots
Is it weird that I don't ride horses but like riding boots? Friends, boots = fall. In fact I'll bust these puppies out as soon as it gets in the 60's. Since boys read this blog (I'm sorry for this girlie post), I must put a caution out....boys should NEVER wear riding boots ok? It looks weird...see below.

When I put on my boots, you might see me perched on some random stairs like this closing my eyes and pretending to smell something awesome. What is this woman doing here? She really loves her right leg too? I guess that's what happens when you wear boots? Then there's this guy below....He looks like he's confused about what he's wearing. He has a murse (man-purse), AND he's wearing boots, any man would be confused. Oh wait, I just noticed the leggings...and the turtle neck....poor thing.


Even Bella loves fall fashion...

3. Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Need I even describe the goodness of such liquid?

4. College Football (like I said, this one's for Josh) :) Speaking of fall, for Halloween, Bella was a USC cheerleader. Her daddy was deployed and we thought this would help remind of his favorite team (and his favorite girl, Bella).

There you have it, it's official...I've put the word out so I'm hoping fall will come knocking quite soon:)

Ta-ta for now.


1 comment:

  1. um what about the Mittens that guy is wearing? MITTENS! I mean really, I think I last wore mittens when I was 3! Love it. Love fall. And I leave my hubby a football widow! Go Hokies :P

    ReplyDelete