Sunday, April 1, 2012

Autism Awareness Month: CNN iReport from me:)

Friends,

CNN challenged me (as a parent of a beautiful little girl with autism) to share what autism is "like".  I could write a book on what Bella's does, how she acts, or how it makes life different and often difficult for us but, I won't.  

Today, I simply wanted to say this... autism is beautiful. It is beautiful because Bella makes it this way.

Here's my 30 second iReport on CNN's website...one of the many dealing with autism:

*My favorite part of this clip is that I'm in the bathroom.  Bella was running wild (so I didn't even try to get her on the clip) and the house was in disarray so, it was the only safe place;)

1 comment:

  1. i'm so thankful i found your blog :) we have a lot in common, and it's nice to feel/hear another mother's hopeful and honest point of view of life with their little one and autism. here's to hope and love, and patience, too!

    ReplyDelete