Monday, December 3, 2012

Price is Right: How to get on the show....

If you know me at all (or have seen any of my shameless plugs for the show), you are privy to the fact that my friend Kori and I were on Price is Right a couple months ago! The show aired on November 7, 2012 and it was by far one of the most fun experiences I've had in a while.

If you haven't seen it (some of you have asked me for the link), here's a quick snippet:

Yep, it happened.  I bounced, high-fived, hugged strangers, and generally made a fool of myself on national television.
















How to get on the show:
If you are interested in being on the show, I highly recommend trying.  You need to have a good 7 hours to kill in LA.  You should really sign up for advanced tickets ahead of time (as showing up the day of makes it less likely that you will make it in the audience).  You wait in a long line outside CBS with your advance tickets (not everyone with advance tickets gets in).  Once you get in, you will be in the audience.  You wait in another 2 hour holding area where they check your id's and background.  You are then called up in smaller groups to interview with the producer and his assistant. He asks you one question so you need to make your answer count.  He asked me what I did for work, I said something super sassy and plugged that my hubby was deployed... I made sure to be super excited too!  They seem to look for super wild/happy people! Kori and I also made shirts that said "hugs and high-fives"... this meant that everyone we saw in line, we hugged/high-fived. I also hugged and high-fived Drew Carey and his producer:)

So there you go! Do it, you won't regret it.  I know three people personally who have been on the show so the "odds are ever in your favor".

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment