Monday, September 6, 2010

3x5 Glossies

Well the half way point of the deployment is here. I have been out at sea for 3 1/2 months and I have about 3 1/2 to go, but it is all down here from here. (At least that is what we all tell one another out here.)
The truth is it will be 3 1/2 months of hard days away from family, but 3 1/2 months of fruitful, meaningful ministry. I thank God for these next 3 1/2 months.

Ok that was all introduction to what I wanted to blog about. The other day I was reading my bible and a picture of Annie and Bella fell out. (I have pictures of them stashed all throughout my bible that way it is like a little hello surprise). Well as soon as the picture feel out I thought there are my girls, like the 3x5 glossy was my wife and daughter.
I hear Annie on the phone and every once in a while, when we are in port, I get the chance to Skype with them, but for the most part I experience my girls through 3x5 pictures. I wake up in the morning to a picture of Annie and I with Bella just before I left. I often find myself giving the picture a kiss as I go to sleep or wake up. Then when I am at my desk, either emailing or reading, I have two pictures of Bella taped above my computer screen and just like with the other picture I find my self giving Bella a lot of kisses and even asking her how she is doing today.
I can't wait for the day when my wife and daughter cease to be 3x5 glossies. On that day I will hold them and kiss them and feel them in my arms.

God Bless
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment