Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Little Miracles


Little Miracles

Sweet Bella-girl.

James 1:5-6 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
    When Josh and I pray at night for Bella's mind to function properly and for her to gain in wisdom, we ask in boldness.  This verse reminds me that God listens to us.  He gave her autism and He knows the challenges she faces. When we see her write her name like this, we are reminded of the little miracles that take place daily before us.  Bella is using three words at a time now, sometimes four to tell us what she wants, what she's thinking.  I remember days in the last couple of years where I thought she'd never talk to me ... ever. I would say her name over and over and over... to the point where I'd cry out of desperation for a response from her.  Today, I have hopes as high as the mountain tops.  I believe Bella and I will speak sweet nothings to each other --- that I will know her inside and out one day.  

If you have a child with special needs, be joyful for the little things, because it's in those little things where you find a big God:)


2 comments:

  1. Yeah for Bella. I think there will be plenty of girl talk in the future for you both! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete